Welcome back Charlotte. I’m here in your inbox this morning to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. In today’s briefing, you’ll find updates on these stories and more…
- Charlotte Police Department are asking for help identifying a car that was stolen during a recent shooting
- Brixham Park is undergoing a major refurbishment as part of the Ballantyne Reimagined project
- Local students’ grades improved dramatically through homeschooling
But first today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 66 Low: 49.
🏡 Attention real estate professionals in Charlotte! We are now offering an exclusive sponsorship opportunity for an agent interested in acquiring local customers and differentiating themselves from the competition. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top five stories in Charlotte today:
- As the holiday season approaches, the theater staff are already wrapping gifts for our biggest Winter Wonderland shop yet! Stay tuned in… (Children’s Theater of Charlotte via Facebook)
- Spotlight on Extraordinary Children: Meet Kathryne Avery, a teacher for the visually impaired who supports and mentores students at Selwyn Elementary School. Take a tour of her unique classroom! (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools via Facebook)
- Join the Charlotte Symphony for The Polar Express in Concert! Get in the spirit of Christmas with the full film and live symphony orchestra on November 25th and 26th at the Belk Theatre. Buy tickets >> bit.ly/csopolar #PolarExpressInConcert (Charlotte Symphony via Facebook)
- Tickets for the first Jumpman Invitational presented by Novant Health go on sale in 24 hours. (Charlotte Sports Foundation via Facebook)
- We URGENTLY need Spanish and English puzzle books! We serve many families who speak many different languages. Visit our #Amazon link below to help or drop off donations at the house 8am-8pm 7 days a week. (Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Charlotte via Facebook)
- It’s Learning Disability Awareness Month! Learn about the resources our Exceptional Children program offers students with disabilities and how Child Find can help identify and assess students…. (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools via Facebook)
- CMS Interim Superintendent Hugh Hattabaugh and Chief Accountability Officer Frank Barnes discuss national test data for 4th and 8th graders. (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools via Facebook)
- Did you know: Beethoven was a nature lover who took many walks through the countryside. Hear his “Expression of Emotion” in the Pastoral Symphony this weekend. College Students, Get Intune for $10 Tickets! (Charlotte Symphony via Facebook)
- Jerseys & Jewels is this Saturday! We can’t believe it’s already here! There’s a lot of excitement going on with the Panthers this season and with the latest news this autographed Christian McCaffrey helmet could be one in a million! (Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Charlotte via Facebook)
- Verse & Vino is back at the Charlotte Convention Center on November 10th with acclaimed authors David Baldacci and Adriana Trigiani! Verse & Vino is the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation’s annual fundraiser. (Charlotte Mecklenburg Library via Facebook)
- We are pleased that the Charlotte City Council continued to advance the Strategic Energy Action Plan this week! Council members voted to move forward with the installation of solar panels in several city buildings… (Sustain Charlotte via Facebook)
- Code tip: Mobile containers may be set up at the curb no earlier than the day before collection and must be removed by 24:00 on the day of collection. Learn more about waste collection. (City of Charlotte Housing and Neighborhood Services via Facebook)
- Be brave enough to lean in and learn. We can all be changers and make a difference. #sexualviolence #learn #rapeculture (Bold move via Facebook)
- Maybe someone is interested in an interview for my podcast? I’m currently at 118 episodes and trying to hit 150 before the end of the year. (Next door)
- My husband and I just brought home a Golden Retriever puppy! We are looking for referrals for veterinarians in the Piper Glen / Ballantyne area. (Next door)
- I have had my cat since she was a kitten and she is now 18 years old and sadly has to be put down. Please let me know if you have any advice or experience to share with me on this topic. (Next door)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update!
— Alexis Goering
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I’m an East Coast girl with a pulse for people, news and reports! I’ve been a freelance writer/editor/proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I’m also a published author, seasoned blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. You can find out more about me and my work on my website. Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Charlotte Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org